- involved in the treatment and research of mood disorders since 1959
- in transpersonal activities since 1962
- utilized Holotropic Breathwork with major depressions and bipolar disorders
- practiced psychiatry in Canada, USA, Germany, Czech Republic
- National Institute of Mental Health, USA1977-1978
- Expert of World Health Organization 1985–2000
- Clinical Director and Director of Mood Disorder Research of the Royal Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON, Canada 1988-2005.
- presently Director of the Mood Disorder Center, Ottawa, Professor of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
- authored/co-authored 470 papers and 3 books.